NEWS

Where everyone is shouting for social isolation, EasyJet says that full planes are 100% safe

easyjet

The current boss of EasyJet who is Johan Lundgren said to the PA news agency that the airline had followed international guidelines to step up hygiene ahead of a resumption of services on Monday and he is assured of the precautions by saying that when the flights will resume they are good to go with full passengers on board.

He said that the passengers and crew will wear masks and planes will be deep-cleaned often and almost after every flight. But he also added that the passengers will not have to sit 2m apart, despite calls for middle seats to remain empty for social distancing. He said that this was a proposal early on from one of the regulators and he told this in a programme with BBC.

The idea of keeping middle seats empty has been strongly criticised by some airlines because this is a huge business loss for them and this way they lose passengers although the fueling and maintenance cost remains the same. Although Easyjet said previously it would follow the practice to encourage more people to fly and likewise they will come into the business as well, and some Asian countries have made it a rule that they will fly with full passengers.

EasyJet has not flown passengers since late March which has caused them a huge loss after numerous countries brought in travel restrictions to fight coronavirus and still they are paying the full amount for the maintenance.

However, one thing should be noted that it is now flying to a limited number of mainly domestic destinations and will offer more routes from 1 July but with full board.

READ  'Trolls World Tour'- On demand biggest digital release earn Almost $100 million for 19 days tour on Boxoffice!

Mr. Lundgren said that the airline would offer about 300 flights this week, across 22 European airports. That is a fraction of the usual number, with the carrier having had to cancel around 47,000 flights in April after the lockdown started.

He also said that not operating a single flight since March had been very devastating and he was not expecting a swift return to normal demand at any cost, he also blamed the UK’s new quarantine rules.

These rules force travelers to the UK to isolate for 14 days with a huge business loss and something the government argues is key to stopping a second wave of the virus in the UK but EasyJet disagrees with this.

But last week EasyJet, British Airways, and Ryanair arguing they would decimate the tourist industry and destroy thousands of jobs if the same practice kept going like this.

Comments

The Latest

To Top
%d bloggers like this: