Following criticism of OnePlus’ recent updates, OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 has now started rolling out on the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro with the latest April 2021 security patch.
Even though it’s now April, it’s still nice to see the OnePlus 9 series update to the latest patch. If OnePlus can simply start moving the rest of its hardware to the same monthly patch, it will be harder to level the criticism. However, the update has yet to be officially confirmed. However, OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 was noticed by early users on OnePlus forums.
This is a pretty big update with those screenshots showing the 350MB service pack with lots of fixes and tweaks to fix common problems people face with the latest OnePlus 9 devices. Most important besides the April patch are the settings advanced camera. OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 includes some white balance settings that mitigate excessive sharpness and includes what OnePlus calls “image clarity and atmosphere” performance.
We guess we just have to wait for the update to become more available before we can confirm if there are any major camera performance improvements via OTA. You can check the full changelog below if you want all the details:
OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro update changelog
- Improved charging stability
- Improved the sensitivity of the keyboard in the edge area
- Improved the temperature control strategy
- Fixed the issue that the battery icon in the status bar is abnormally displayed
- Fixed the small probability issue that Google Fi SIM card can not accept incoming calls
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.04
- Updated GMS package to 2021.03
- Improved the image purity and the ambiance performance
- Improved the white balance consistency of the rear camera
- Improved image over-sharpening of the rear camera