USMNT vs. Mexico – Concacaf Nations League Final
June 6, 2021
Empower Field at Mile High; Denver, Colo.
Live Broadcast: Coverage begins at 9pm ET on Univision, TUDN, CBS Sports Network, Paramount+; Kickoff at 9:36 p.m. ET
Social Media: @USMNT on Twitter and Instagram; @ussoccer on Facebook , The U.S. Soccer App
Tonight’s USMNT Starting XI vs. Mexico: 1-Zack Steffen, 2-Sergiño Dest, 6-John Brooks, 7-Gio Reyna, 8-Weston McKennie, 9-Josh Sargent, 10-Christian Pulisic (capt.), 13-Tim Ream 15-Mark McKenzie, 22-DeAndre Yedlin, 23-Kellyn Acosta
Substitutes: 12-Ethan Horvath, 19-David Ochoa, 3-Matt Miazga, 4-Tyler Adams, 5-Antonee Robinson, 11-Brenden Aaronson, 13-Tim Ream, 14-Jackson Yueill, 16-Jordan Siebatcheu, 17-Sebastian Lletget, 18-Yunus Musah, 20-Reggie Cannon, 21-Tim Weah
- USMNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): DeAndre Yedlin (64), Tim Ream (44), John Brooks (43), Christian Pulisic (38), Kellyn Acosta (30), Weston McKennie (24), Zack Steffen (23), Josh Sargent (16), Sergiño Dest (10), Gio Reyna (7), Mark McKenzie (5)
- With an average age of 24 years, 206 days, tonight’s Starting XI is the USMNT’s youngest in a final. The previous record was set by the Starting XI for the 2019 Gold Cup Final against Mexico (25 years, 171 days).
- The Starting XI averages 27 caps overall and 10 in official competition
- The USA lineup represents clubs in seven different countries: England (3), Germany (3), USA (1), Belgium (1), Italy (1), Spain (1), Turkey (1)
- Gregg Berhalter makes three changes from the Starting XI that faced Honduras in the Semifinal on Thursday, veterans Tim Ream and DeAndre Yedlin on the back line and Kellyn Acosta in midfield.
- Six starters are age 22 or younger: McKennie, McKenzie and Pulisic (22), Sargent (21), Dest (20) and Reyna (18).
- Christian Pulisic captains the USMNT for the fifth time tonight. The team is 3-1-0 when Pulisic wears the armband.
- Six starters have played for the U.S. in a final: Weston McKennie, Christian Pulisic, Tim Ream and Zack Steffen (2019 Gold Cup Final vs. Mexico); Kellyn Acosta (2017 Gold Cup Final vs. Jamaica); DeAndre Yedlin (2015 Concacaf Cup vs. Mexico)
- Six starters combined to win eight trophies with their clubs this season: Sergiño Dest (Copa del Rey), Weston McKennie (Coppa Italia, SuperCoppa Italiana), Mark McKenzie (Belgian Cup), Christian Pulisic (UEFA Champions League), Gio Reyna (DFB-Pokal), Zack Steffen (English Premier League, English League Cup).
- The most-capped player in the lineup, DeAndre Yedlin earns his first start since the 4-0 win against Cuba in the Nations League group finale on Nov. 19, 2019 in George Town, Cayman Islands.
- Should they enter the match, substitutes Tyler Adams, Yunus Musah, David Ochoa and Tim Weah would make their USMNT debuts in official competition. Dual-nationals Musah, Ochoa and Weah would be officially cap-tied to the USMNT should they play tonight.
- With three goals each during the group stage, McKennie and striker Josh Sargent sit tied for second in scoring among Nations League A teams. Teammate Jordan Morris has the current scoring lead with four goals.
- Teams are allowed five substitutions in three substitution moments during the match. Substitutes made at halftime do not count as a substitution moment.
- Should the match end tied at the end of regulation, 30 minutes of extra time will be played and both teams will be allowed an extra substitution. If it’s still tied at the end of extra time the game will proceed to penalty kicks.
- The USMNT is 19-36-15 overall in 70 matches against Mexico, but holds a 14-9-6 edge since 2000.
- The team has a 9-24-8 record against Mexico in matches played in official competition and is 1-6-0 in championship finals.
- The USMNT is 18-6-3 in 27 matches under Gregg Berhalter.